Thursday 29 May 2014

Aescent Approach Shoe by Five Ten


So you’re looking for a pair of shoes to wear kayaking?  With so many options out there, from kayak specific shoes to runners to … well you get the point …it can be a little challenging to pick the right one.  Especially considering shoes don’t come cheap these days.  Let me explain a situation that occurred to me a few years ago that had me really thinking about my shoes.


It’s the end of a calendar year wearing the 5.10 Ascent approach shoes and I gotta say I’m really happy with them.  I had a pair of their first generation Ascents and these are a huge step up in design and performance.  Let me break it down for you:
 


Durability
The Ascent is a good water shoe because it combines tough and durable materials on the upper with mesh in the right places for draining.  And…they do not get substantially heavier when their wet!!!  After a season of abuse they are in exceptional shape.  The glue on the soles hasn’t delaminated which is always a problem with water shoes, the stitching is solid and holding on, and the shoe looks and performs remarkably.  



No comments:

Post a Comment